Company Return Filing
Company Return Filing
Meaning of Company
A company means a legal entity formed by a group of individuals to engage in and operate a business commercial or industrial enterprise which is registered under the companies act. A company can be a private or a public company, a limited or an unlimited company, company limited by guarantee, a company having a share capital or a community interest company.
Filing Company’s Annual Return
All Companies registered under the companies act are required to file a return with MCA every year in the prescribed form containing all the particulars as they stood on the close of the financial year. The Company’s return is also called Annual return.
An Annual return is a record of publicly available information about a company that appears on the companies register. It includes the information like address and details of directors and shareholders of that company which must be updated each year through an annual return.
Annual return of the company includes all the documentation of that company related to the filing of financial statements and Return which consists information that includes the registered office Address, Register of members, financial statements of the company, Certifications, Shares and debentures details, Debt details and Information about the management of the company. Filing Company’s Annual return also discloses the changes in Directorship, Shareholding structure of the company and details of the transfer of securities.
Every company registered in India must prepare and file with registrar of Companies, an Annual filing return in FORM MGT 7 within 60 days from the date of Annual general meeting. The return of the company can be filed with the digital signature of the Director of that Company and the digital signature of the Chartered Accountant auditing the company. If annual return filed by a listed company or a company having paid-up share capital of 10 crore rupees or more or turnover of 50 crore rupees or more, the annual return filed must be certified by a Company Secretary in practice in FORM NO.MGT8.
Details Provided in Annual Return
Information of Company provided in the MCA annual return pertaining to the previous financial year at the time of filing are as given below:-
- Details of the company’s registered office, main business activities, particulars of its holding, subsidiary and associate companies.
- Shares, debentures and other financial securities and shareholding pattern of the company.
- Information of indebtedness of company.
- Company’s member details and debenture holders along with the changes therein since the end of the previous financial year.
- Directors, Promoters, Key managerial personnel details along with changes therein since the close of the last financial year.
- Meeting of members of the company, Board and its various committees along with attendance details.
- The remuneration or salary of directors and key managerial personnel must be provided, in case of Limited company.
- All the matters relating to certification of Compliances and disclosures as may be prescribed.
- Information of Penalty or punishment imposed on company if any, its directors or officers and details of offences and appeals made against such penalty or punishment.
- Holding Shares on the behalf of the foreign institutional investors by giving their name, address, countries of registration, incorporation and percentage of shareholding.